Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gig-gles: Mono, Kuala Lumpur, 30 Jan 2010

Ahhhhhh...

The world is such a quiet place these days. Don't you think so?

Mmmmm...

Yes it is. I believe the world has stopped making noise since Saturday night. Oh, that wondrous Saturday night. Did you notice it too? No? Oh poor child. Can't you tell? All peeps ceased to peep!

OmmmmNommmNommmm....

You mean you can't tell the difference? How odd. Anyways, I can. I even know precisely when the world stopped making noise. It was at 7 minutes and 35 seconds while Mono was playing 'Ashes In The Snow' at their KL gig. Yes, right there. Huh, what do you mean the rest of the gig was noisy? That's madness! The rest of the gig was quiet as heck! It was magnificent watching Mono just swing their hair and strum their guitars with such passion, despite not making a single peep from it. And the crowd... oh such silent reverence! Everyone was just... silent.

Hubbabubbabubbaaa....

Dude, you're mad. And obviously not noticing it. Ah, stuff you. Let me find a chap who does appreciate stillness. Ah you there with the monkey ears! Yes, sir, you! I wave a very good morning to you! Why don't we both celebrate the peace and quiet by massaging each other's ears? Here, you just put your forefinger here, and your thumb here, and...

BOFFFF

Hey, why did you push me! What? Sorry sir, I'm not very good at lip-reading yet. You're saying whaaa...? "Get louts in dirty space?" That's a weird comment. Oh, "Gap owns the nerdy place?" Sir, are you okay? Hmmm.... Oh, what? "Get outta my bloody face?" Oh, I get it! You're asking me to get outta your face! Why didn't you just say so instead of pushing me and moving your lips like a fat tapir and trying to...

*PAFFF!!!*

Set list:

1. Ashes In The Snow
2. Burial At The Sea
3. Follow The Map
4. Yearning
5. Are You There?
6. 2 Candles, 1wish
7. Where Am I
8. Kidnapper Bell
9. Halcyon (Beautiful Days)
10. Everlasting Light

Mono - Ashes in the Snow (from Hymn To The Immortal Wind)
 
Web Analytics