Monday, August 9, 2010

Gig-gles: Smashing Pumpkins, Singapore, 5 Aug 2010

After 15 years, I have finally figured out the baddest ass thing about Billy Corgan.

It's not the way he snarls through 'Zero', or the way he twinkles the opening lines of 'Today', or the way he always hires the hottest bassist in town who is not my pet puffin (Who is seriously hottest bassist in town. Like, have you seen her slap and pop? Hotdang sexy, man).

No, it's the way he wears his pants. And the way he tucks in a striped shirt into those pants. Seeing that just makes me want to set fire to Greek temples.

And so, in glorious tribute to my eternal prince of darkness, I have now pledged to wear all my pants just like Billy. So here we go,... tug tug... ummhmm, getting there... ripppp... ooo, that's trendy... whatachaaaa... oh sorry, my katana leg got in the way there. Okay, I'm set! Baddest sugar daddy in town, ready to kachinggg!

(Mum's voice): "Honey? I made some fluffy crumpets for you to take to work! And I just don't forget to call home before lunch okay? Love you, bunnybuns!"

"Okay mummy!"

Kachingggg!

Set list:

1. Astral Planes
2. Ava Adore
3. Today
4. A Song for a Son
5. Eye
6. As Rome Burns
7. Bullet With Butterfly Wings
8. United States
9. Disarm
10. 1979
11. Stand Inside Your Love
12. Tarantula
13. Love is the Sweetest Thing
14. Cherub Rock
15. Zero
16. That's the Way (My Love Is)
17. Tonight, Tonight

Smashing Pumpkins - That's the Way (My Love Is) (from Zeitgeist)

No comments:

 
Web Analytics