Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Sick Sick Six: Six Worst Things You Can Bump Into At Night

So lately your friendly neighborhood handsome world saver (me) has been lazing back and taking in some serious literary classics. And by classics I mean the mind-blowing brilliance that is Supernatural, a TV series about two brothers who meet tons of hot chicks while hunting evil goons/monsters in the night. Ah, the life, and booty.

Which got me thinking (which means something is really good because 'little ol' powerful me don't think for anything. In fact, I just don't think, period. Yeah!) about what are some of the worst things you can meet when you're walking down the street alone at night. Proceed carefully because you may never return, or if you're a hot chick, you might end up in my house.

The Postman
Not just any postman, but 'The' Postman. Yes, the one who hands you your credit card bills and brochures about penile implants. Don't say we did not warn you. Apparently he has a mustache too.
American Analog Set - The Postman (from Off the Wall)

The Moviegoer
Do you know what happens when you've consumed a large Coke and two large buckets of popcorn? You become The Moviegoer. Which is essentially like any moviegoer except fatter and slower so you can outrun his ass. Okay, maybe this one should not be on this list.
Neko Case - The Moviegoer (from Several Arrows Later)

Genghis Khan
I rest my case on this one. What? He's dead? Look everyone's alive until proven otherwise. They found his remains? Possibly not his. My wife's hot? You betcha.
Nico - Genghis Khan (from Drama of Exile)

A Crazy-ass Poet
Can you think of anything worst than some crazy-ass poet tailing you on some dark street and reading you a piece about how 'you're a gentle flower' or how 'you're going to gallop like a strong horse'?
Ryan Adams - Sylvia Plath (from Gold)

Something You Don't Know Shit About
I have no idea what the hell is a wraith but whatever that can be pinned to the mist sounds scary as hell. How do I know that? Cause I can't be pinned to the mist and I am friendly and hot, now get out of my sight and go get me some chicken skin pudding.
Of Montreal - Wraith Pinned to the Mist (from The Sunlandic Twins)

Something With a Name You Cannot Pronounce
I have done extensive studies on the subject and have found that Sigur Ros is actually singing about the Loch Ness Monster in the song below. Or specifically, a Loch Ness Monster that loves medicine and blond girls.
Sigur Ros - Með Blóðnasir (from Takk)

No comments:

 
Web Analytics