Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This Week's Track 9 (World Cup edition): Yo La Tengo - Little Honda

Honda was the car of choice last night for Japan. Never mind that Toyota probably has better suspension because the player who scored the winning goal last night for Japan was not named 'Toyota'. Keisuke Honda scored the all-important goal to give Japan their first World Cup win on foreign soil against Cameroon last night. As such I've bought myself a brand spanking new Honda Civic as a tribute. Oh, you guys did not know? I am buying a car that's named after each goalscorer at this World Cup. My favorite so far? That red Tshabalala. It's a little leathery in the gears but when it gets going, it roars like an elephant.

Yo La Tengo - Little Honda (from I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One)

No comments:

 
Web Analytics