Friday, November 28, 2008

B-Side of the Week - Breathe Into Glass

Asobi Seksu
Breathe Into Glass (from the Me & Mary 7" single)
(Polyvinyl)

I've dated six Japanese girls before, and each of them was exactly like my six favourite things about Japanese food. 

The first girl, Hiroko, was exactly like raw salmon. She was orange all over and liked to wear pinstripes. The second girl, Minami, was a lot more like soba noodles. She was long and cold and smelled like soya sauce. After that, I dated a girl called Ayako, who was a lot more like those little red octopuses, because she had little round boils on all her legs.  Then there was Fujiko, who will always remind me of inari, perhaps because I tied her up in a gunny sack once and forgot to let her out for three days. Which leads me to Mikazuki. Every time I eat kobe beef, I remember how marbled she was. And finally, Shizue, who will eternally remind me of Asahi beer because she's the daughter of the owner of Asahi beer.

What? What do you mean that doesn't count? Oh. Ya, she also smelled like vomit.  

Asobi Seksu - Breathe Into Glass

1 comment:

phlowtron said...

no one has commented on this? well, let me be the first to congratulate you on writing the most interesting thing i've read all day. or all week for that matter. kudos, sir.

 
Web Analytics