Thursday, August 23, 2007

Look what I found in the bargain bin

Oasis
Heathen Chemistry
(Epic)

Price: S$5.95

Even on my most British days, when I'm slinging on a Union Jack-emblazoned bag and sporting a Beatnik bowl-cut, do I profess Oasis as one of my favorite bands. I could rat off about 10 Oasis songs that I find absolutely hand-clappingly great but for some odd reason, they've never been able to climb up to the top of my heap. Presumably, the Gallaghers keep dragging each other down near the top. But yet I find myself buying their album no. five (a personal third). Why? Because I am a cheap-ass. For about RM12.00, it's a bit of a steal.

But Heathen Chemistry has its moments. The bittersweet balladry of 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' and its sepia-ish video stood out for me in particular.

Look, I know I'm not British. But I do eat fish and chips, a lot. And I eat them with Lingams chilli sauce at that. And you know what Lingams means in ancient Anglo? 'I don't give a crap', that's what.

Oasis - Songbird (from Heathen Chemistry)

No comments:

 
Web Analytics