Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fad of the Land: Shazam

You know, I can never quite figure out why people are so preoccupied with figuring out the name of songs. Take Shazam, for example. It's probably the most buzzed iPhone application around right now, because it allows people to hold up their iPhone to any song being played anywhere, and in a few seconds it will be instantly identified, with bonus links to purchase it in iTunes or share it to buddies via email.

Yes, that's so mondo gizmo and blah, but what's the fun in finding out the actual name of the song? It just reeks of unoriginality, I tell you. Everyone should follow my example. Like, when I was eight, I heard this song about running across streets with no names, sung by this Irish-sounding bunch that seemed to have a fetish for delayed guitars. Remembering the timeless advice my kindy teacher gave about never listening to what anyone said about you, I gave the band a name, and have stuck with it ever since, ignoring the repeated urges by my family members that the band go by a different name. What do they know? So anyways, when you got the time, go check out Pussy on the Wussy Wearing Stussy. They got another song where the guy can't decide whether to live with or without some chick. I called it "Go Buy a Tamagotchi, You Twit". It's so good.

Beastie Boys - Shazam! (from To The 5 Boroughs) [BUY]

No comments:

 
Web Analytics