Thursday, September 6, 2007

B-Side of the Week - The Professor

Damien Rice
The Professor (from The Blower's Daughter single)
(Vector Recordings)

Ah... another sad man. Brokenhearted, lovelorn. Beat up to the bone, worn round the edges and torn through the middle. A broken heart, how romantic. Spewing poetry, guts and the absence of glory. Mistakes. Blame. Guilt. Hurt. Another man is in pain.

Because of a girl.

He'll curse. He'll cry. He'll bear his heart to radio djs and hmv shoppers. He'll have people film him pour his sorrow on the floor like sour wine. He'll sell out shows parading his circus of interpersonal cataclysm. They will wonder if it's fictional. They may never know.

But he knows.

As for me, I don't give a shit. Brokenhearted? Like hell I'm not brokenhearted. I've been in love every day for the last hundred years. I'm married to a 25-year-old girl who tells me I'm more man than He-Man and she's so stunningly beautiful, women leap off buildings in envy whenever she walks into a room. She walks around the house all day in sailor and school uniforms and our bed is made of reinforced titanium. So don't tell me about brokenhearted. My life doesn't suck like that.

Damien Rice - The Professor

No comments:

 
Web Analytics