Tuesday, June 24, 2008

In the papers today...

This week marks the final week that Bill Gates will be an employee of Microsoft. After Friday, the company's co-founder will take a two-month break, during which he'll travel round the world, attend the Beijing Olympics and then move on to oversee the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, his charity organisation which has a US$37.3 billion endowment. Right. And when I quit, I'll spend a day cleaning my room.
This story reminds me of: This Is Ivy League - The Richest Kids (from This Is Ivy League) [BUY]

It has been a week since Download Day, the day last Tuesday when Mozilla released version three of its Firefox browser and urged netizens worldwide to help break the world record of five million downloads in 24 hours. The results? Eight million downloads in 24 hours and 18 million by today for a browser that is reportedly 10 times faster than Explorer 7. Maybe Bill Gates should postpone that retirement a few more weeks.
This story reminds me of: Sway - Download (from This Is My Demo) [BUY]

Wimbledon begins this week. Over 600 players will participate in the grassy event, with miniskirted Russians and tight-teed Spaniards promising to provide the spectacle of the moment. Oh, you thought I was talking about the tennis tournament? Silly billy. I'm talking about the Euro semifinals. Yeah, it's actually called Wimbledon, ya know. And yup, those shorts that Arshavin wears are actually called miniskirts. Yeah, Russian is a weird language.
This story reminds me of: Le Man Avec Les Lunettes - Tennis System And Its Stars (from Qui Chèrche Trouve)

No comments:

 
Web Analytics