Friday, October 12, 2007

More Big Day Out Rumors

Imagine with me. You've got a huge-ass cannon.

How big? Excellent question private. One big enough to send a hole the size of a Chinese wedding dinner table through Godzilla. In case you're wondering 'what in tarnations', that's pretty damn big.

And after you've got a cannon that's that big, you decide, 'Hey, why don't I add one a ten-grenade per-launch grenade launcher? I mean, just for the bloody heck of it. And while I'm at it, why not detach those plasma cannons off an X-Wing fighter and strap in on to the side of said cannon, you know, just to make it prettier?'

If you have no idea how/what I am talking now has anything to do with said Australian/NZ fest that's adorning the headline of this article then my friend, you need to eat more coriander, or run laps or you know, read more books.

Arcade Fire? Bjork? Rage? This could just be the beginning. Please, please Santa. Just this once. I promise I won't make fun of jocks anymore. Then again forget that promise, but please please grant me this wish.

Want to know who the rest of the rumored bunch are? Go here

The Smashing Pumpkins - Starz (from Zeitgeist)
The Polyphonic Spree - Running Away (from The Fragile Army)
Interpol - Next Exit (from Antics)
Manic Street Preachers (feat. Nina Persson) - Your Alone is Not Enough (from Send Away the Tigers)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pumpkins link is dead :(.

Anonymous said...

Yer missin' an "h" in front of the "ttp" for the polyphonic spree song.

Bjorn Randolph said...

"cannon", meaning weapon, has two n's; a "canon" is a comprehensive body of work, among other definitions

The Geek said...

fixed!

Anonymous said...

pumpkins link still dead

The Geek said...

sorry but it would appears as if my Fileden account has exceeded bandwidth. try again in a few days?

 
Web Analytics