Tuesday, December 4, 2007

This Week's Track 9 - Blitzed by The Raveonettes

Have you ever owned a record that was so sexy, just spinning it once as a naive teenager gave you that intrinsic feeling that you were no longer... flowered? It's the opposite of what an early Madonna record would do for you. I'm talking about an album that awakens you to pleasures no other album has ever awakened you to.

I once had a record like that (or should I say, it once had me). And it's been many years since, and many records as well. Joining that pile of former lovers is this seductive Danish number, of kittenish melodies and coy nocturnal harmonies drenched with the orange sunburst of a surf guitar. A record so deliciously orgasmic, it's had me at my office desk, in the car and everywhere at home. So quick has this affair happened, you could say it's been a blitz.

On a side note, I've recently received a lot of unhappy emails by underloved readers complaining that (to quote one reader) "Pirate Genusfrog is an oversexed braggard who's only angle appears to be the unsavoury public confession of all his exaggerated coital exploits". To this and other similarly offended readers, I am indeed sorry that you don't get much.

Here, let me fix you up with a very quick, very tender stroke.

The Raveonettes - Blitzed (track 9 of Lust Lust Lust)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! What better way to make people think you are getting a lot of hardcore action than to post your exploits on your blog. You just might be my new hero.

 
Web Analytics