Thursday, May 22, 2008

B-Side of the Week - Wrote For Luck

Manic Street Preachers
Wrote For Luck (from the Roses In The Hospital single)
(Epic)

Somebody once told me that there's no such thing as luck.

Well, there was once I walked to the mall and as I stepped onto the escalator, I found a vintage RM1000 note. Then I went to the food court and they were having lobster minute, where they give away RM88/kilo lobsters at 88 cents for 60 seconds. No one was there. I took twenty lobsters. Then I went to the designer store and the guy at the counter mistook me for an actor and told me that the suit from last Tuesday is ready for fitting. "And you left your hat, sir", he said. I walked out with everything in tow. And then I went to the supermarket and all these bells started ringing and they told me I was customer number 726 and that customer number 726 had 300 seconds of supermarket sweep action for me to reel the cart around like a frantic child and take things for free. So I was thinking, this must be my lucky day.

And then I fell into a hole and broke my leg. And then someone stole my vintage RM1000 note and i vomitted all the lobster onto my shiny suit and stetson hat. In a mad rush, shoppers swarmed around me and picked apart my supermarket sweep. It was horrible. All except for the lobster vomit. I swear, lobster vomit tastes just like lobster pre-vomit. No wonder they cost so much.

Manic Street Preachers - Wrote For Luck [BUY]

No comments:

 
Web Analytics