Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This Week's Track 9 - I Don't Like You Anymore by The Last Shadow Puppets

They say that diamonds are forever.

But I knew a diamond once. She was a sweetheart, that one. Platinum hair. Sparkling eyes. Shaped like half an hourglass. And what a fun girl to be with. So lively. So arresting. So multi-faceted.

We were in love. On many days, I believed she would be the one for me forever. I told her that once, that I wanted to be her man all her life. She winked at me in the sunlight and asked me if I was cutting edge enough.

And then it all went downhill. I found out she waa synthetically fashioned in a lab.

"Why didn't you tell me?", I asked.
"I was afraid you'd stop liking me!", she said.
"Yeah? Well guess what? I don't like you anymore".

She faded.

Today, I go out with real human girls, with hands and legs and all that. On most days, I believe I made the right decision.

The Last Shadow Puppets - I Don't Like You Anymore (track 9 from The Age Of The Understatement) [BUY]

No comments:

 
Web Analytics