Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Who's Who at Big Day Out 2008: Grinspoon

What the hell is a Grinspoon?, I once asked a friend.

You know what she said? "A spoon that grins". So stupid, right? That's what I thought. And then she showed me this:

Photobucket


So I said, that's not a spoon that grins. That's a spoon with a big smile. Then she said "Oh, sorry. Wrong spoon." So she pulls out this:

Photobucket


And I said "That's still not a spoon that grins! That's a spoon with an annoying smirk. It's not the same!"

So she was all like, "Oh dear, I'm such a klutz today" and all. So she rummages through her bag and pulls out this:

Photobucket


And yes, finally - a spoon that grins! I was so happy. I grabbed the spoon from her and said "Wow! Is this really it? A Grinspoon?"

That was when another friend came by and broke the news. "Stupid idiots!" he said, and he pulled out this:

Photobucket


I'm so distraught now. For a moment, I actually thought I was going to Melbourne to see a spoon that grins. This Big Day Out's turning out to be a real bloody waste of money, I tell you.

Grinspoon - Melted Holiday (from Alibis And Other Lies)

No comments:

 
Web Analytics