Saturday, March 1, 2008

Look what I found in the bargain bin

Joseph Arthur
Come to Where I'm From
(EMI)

Price: RM10.00

Listening to this album reminds me of the time when I used to write a lot of songs.

And you might be thinking, 'how dang many is a lot anyway?' About 10 songs a day, yeah. Not saying it was easy but it was something that was always natural to me. How did the songs usually come about? Some of them started with a word. Yeah, like 'cutlet' for example. I once had a power ballad called 'Cutlet'. Then sometimes, it starts with a single pick of an open guitar string. No, no, not a chord. Yeah you just pick up the guitar and pick one of its strings. Yes, that right, easy ain't it? Where does it go from there? Oh, nowhere, that's basically the song. I am a fan of minimalism.

Joseph Arthur - In the Sun (from Come to Where I'm From)

No comments:

 
Web Analytics