Monday, July 30, 2007

Look what I found in the bargain bin

Fountains of Wayne
Welcome Interstate Managers
(Virgin)

Price: RM10.00

Fountains of Wayne are an enigma. Signed on a major, making bubblegum pop but yet retaining enough interest to warrant a review on snobby-wobbly sites like say, Pitchfork.

And they're funny too. I mean not quite as funny as me, but you know, they get by and all that. Like there was once, I was asked to do this stand-up act for some wedding. I mean, even before I got on the bloody stage, people were laughing. I stood up there and everyone was laughing so hard, they were rolling on the floor. Then most of them started laughing till they were puking. Some of their guts started ripping and there was half digested food everywhere. Then the bride's head exploded as well. And I was told 'Show's over son.'

And I haven't even said a thing yet.

Man I'm good.

Fountains of Wayne - All Kinds of Time (from Welcome Interstate Managers)

No comments:

 
Web Analytics