Sunday, February 17, 2008

Look what I found in the bargain bin

The Delgados
Hate
(Mantra)

Price: AUD$10.00

Yes I know, it isn't exactly that cheap. But hey, it's a great album, we found ourselves in a record store at the ass crack of Melbourne and so I thought, why not?

But yeah, nothing is cheap these days. I remember a time when I was in school and I we used to be able to get snack food and chocolates for free. Yup, totally free. And no, they aren't the shrunken sampled packs as well. How? It's easy, I just pick it up from the shelve, stuff it into my pants and walk out like my grandfather owned the store.

And sure, some people may term that as 'stealing' but I prefer to think of it as 'borrowing first until I have enough money to pay for it (probably never)'. Yes folks, it's just jargons. So yeah, don't stop yourself from getting that new Mercedes. Just get into it and drive it out of the damn showroom. And you who's been dying to buy that million-dollar apartment? Just break the damn locks and go live there. And you ... (interrupted by Petra)

"Yes dear? Oh, you want to take that $200,000.00 dress? No dear, that wouldn't be nice because it would be stealing. Oh that X-Box 360? Yeah that one's okay. Just slowly lift it off the shelve, yeah that's right. Good girl. Come give it to daddy."

The Delgados - Woke from Dreaming (from Hate)

No comments:

 
Web Analytics